Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 2 training for the Fangtastic 5K

January 7, 2011
Today I woke up feeling a little sore and achy from my run the other day. Determined, I laced up my shoes, got my water bottle filled, and turned on a "This American Life" podcast on my iPod.
Listening to a podcast makes it a little easier to distract myself from the burning in my lungs when running the short intervals of the CT5K training program.
About 10 minutes in to the run/walk a sweet little pup came up wanting attention, being an animal lover, and a hopeless worrywart, I had to take care of the poor boy while his "mom" drove back to get him. While this disrupted my training, I simply COULD NOT let him run around on his own until she got back, so we waited on their porch, and after making sure that "Cody" was safe, I started back on my run....
I actually ran for a total of 20 minutes and walked for 25 minutes, finding it easier and easier to start my "runs" as the time progressed. Here's to hoping this trend continues.....
After all, February 12th is coming faster and faster.
Also, I started a photo album on Facebook for my training.... feel free to check it out by clicking on this link: Fangtastic 5K
Fangtastic 5K here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment